When I work with clients new to HFM one of the many questions they ask is "where do I go for help when I need something?" Fortunately, there's a long list of available resources and here's what I tell them.
- Online help does a good job (usually but there are exceptions) of explaining the use of features.
- The original consulting firm(s), as they have the best external knowledge of how the software was configured to meet the requirements. But follow the people and not necessarily the firm.
- Oracle technical support, as they are the go-to contact to deal with product issues.
- Oracle online forum, found at https://community.oracle.com/community/business_intelligence/performance_management_applications/financial_consolidation - ask questions and get answers from others.
- HFM group on Yahoo!. The nice thing about this group is that there is history going back to the early days of HFM. Some things, like data form scripts, haven't changed much if at all. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OracleHyperionFinancialManagement/info
- Online searches, looking for blog posts, presentations, etc.
- User group conferences, mainly KScope and Collaborate and OpenWorld.